Date / Time
Date(s) - Friday 6 October 2017 to Saturday 14 October 2017
15 h 00 - 23 h 00
The Tahiti Museum welcomes the Festival VOYAGE from October 6 to 14
The Museum of Tahiti is pleased to welcome again the compagnie du Caméléon for a 4th edition of the festival “Voyage” in the gardens of the Museum. This year, the festival’s theme is childhood and youth.
New this year, in addition to screenings and concerts, activities for families and children will be available from 15:30 in the gardens of the Museum and the Cabane du Voyageur.
Take the opportunity to come and discover the exhibition “A traveling artist in Micronesia, the floating world of Paul Jacoulet” or the red thread “100 years” devoted to the anniversary of the creation of SEO in the permanent showroom .
THE HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS 4th EDITION of the festival:
- An internationally renowned juggler as guest of honor, Eric LONGEQUEL,
- The new concert of the Comptoirs de Tahiti, a unique journey in the middle of the jungle through their brand new songs,
- A concert, GONDWANA, for family dancing until the end of the night,
- Throughout the festival, concerts, musical tales, readings, puppets, dance, graffiti performances, hip hop and juggling, gathering over 4 days with about 30 artists, 15 short films, 3 cartoons, 2 fiction films and 1 documentary film, all awarded in the biggest festivals, projected on our giant screen,
- 6 intimate rendez-vous under the Cabane du Voyageur for concerts, massages, puppet manipulations and cave paintings,
- 10 creative and educational workshops on Saturday afternoons (hip hop dance, parent-child dance, plastic arts, the game îlecolo, musical awakening, tattoos, theater, photography, making handmade soaps and natural pigment paint).
A capacity of more than 400 seats in total for all workshops!
The program will be based on screenings on giant screens (animated films, feature films, documentaries, short films) and live shows presented on the paepae, the outside platform (dance, concerts, musical tales, graffiti, juggling, …). Saturdays, from 3:30 pm, before the evening program, a fun, creative and educational course (introduction to theater, dance, music, painting, tattooing, photography, visual arts, etc.) will be proposed to the public. At the heart of this creative journey, the Cabane du Voyageur will be a more intimate meeting point. Artists will present shows, workshops or performances in front of an audience of 10 to 20 people (mini-concerts, manipulation of puppets, massage for toddlers, rock paintings …). At nightfall, the cabin will offer the little ones a space of tranquility.
THE HONOR GUEST OF THE FESTIVAL: ERIC LONGEQUEL
This juggler practices his art as a graphic and rhythmic discipline, which flirts with contemporary dance and a certain poetry of the absurd. Her “Circassian” family is one that was not born under the marquees and that transgresses the codes and customs of her discipline, the one that wonderfully renews the circus arts. Meet Eric on Friday the 6th at 9:15 pm for a solo juggling performance, and on Friday the 13th at 8pm for a live performance, mixed arts / street arts, with the duo of CHER1 & Enos, and CHAD hip hop dancer. For more information on fares and schedules, we invite you to download the program from the website of the compagnie du Camélélon. The team of the Museum of Tahiti wishes you a very beautiful festival, and a beautiful invitation to travel within the exceptional site of the Museum of Tahiti and her islands.